One of my most favourite . Manchow soup is something which is easily available now a days. This recipe is drafted in such a way that anyone can make it. very easily and that too with few simple ingredients. Palate of each person is different so you can adjust the ingredients especially soy sauce according to your taste buds.
You can make variations such as chicken or prawns manchow. I hope you will try it and like it.
Prep time- 10-15 minutes
Cooking time- 10 mins
Serves- 2 person
Level of cooking – Easy
Oil 2 Tsp
Chopped Ginger 2 Tsp
Fine chopped Garlic 2 Tsp
Chopped Onions 1/2 Cup
Chopped mushrooms 1/4 Cup
Chopped Cabbage 1/4 Cup
Chopped Carrots 1/2 Cup
Chicken (chopped)( for chicken soup) 40 Gms
Chopped Green Chillies 1 Tsp
Fine chopped Coriander 1/4 Cup
Spring onions chopped 1 Tbsp
Veg Stock(chicken stock for chicken soup) 3 Cups
Salt/ pepper TT
Dark soy sauce 1 Tbsp
Corn flour (dissolved in water) 2 Tsp (2 Tbsp)
- Chop all the vegetables and keep them ready.
- Take a sauce pan warm the oil in it and then add chopped ginger garlic in it.
- Then add chopped onions followed by chopped carrots, chopped chillies and then mushrooms.( if u making chicken soup then add chopped chicken after onions and cook it)
- Add chopped cabbage and sauté for half a minute. Then add stock. ( if u don’t have stock then mix 8 GMs of Maggi aromat powder in 3 cups of hot water)
- Let it simmer and then add salt, pepper, soy sauce and spring onions.
- Check seasoning of the soup and adjust it according to your palate.
- Add cornflour batter (which u have made with cornflour and water) and whisk it nicely.
- Turn off the gas.
- Pour it in a warm soup bowl and serve hot.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander.